- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2019 13:34
Who We Are
The Canadian Federation of University Women represents women across Canada. It is also part of an international women’s network.
CFUW holds special consultative status with the United Nations (ECOSOC) and belongs to the Education Committee of the Canadian Commission for UNESCO. CFUW regularly sends a delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. CFUW is the largest affiliate of Graduate Women International which represents women worldwide.
Find out more:
- CFUW Ontario Council: www.cfuwontcouncil.ca
- CFUW National:
- Graduate Women International
No matter what our age, our stage in life or our level of commitment, value education. Not only for the young, but for everyone as a lifelong venture.
We come together every month to listen to speakers on a variety of topics in order to broaden our horizons.
- We meet in smaller groups throughout the year to learn about and explore shared interests.
- We advocate to improve conditions for women and children here at home and around the world, and while doing this, we have fun and establish friendships.
- Provide annual scholarships to young people in the community
- voice opinions, particularly on issues of importance to women at the local, national and international levels
- enjoy presentations from a range of guest speakers
- network and gain new contacts
- engage in a range of activities with other women and have a good time.
Socialize — learn new things — share your passions — have fun!
In addition to our meetings, members participate in a variety of interest groups, and work on various fundraising events to support annual scholarships.
New members are always welcome and visitors are welcome to attend a meeting to hear and see what we are all about.
Membership is open to women interested in participating in the club’s programs and activities and who support our purpose. (University education is not a requirement.)